Monday, September 15, 2014

Flat Tire Fab

Happy Monday! Of course there is no better way than to start off the week with a flat tire! Luckily for Jay's planning and Allstate roadside assistance, I was back on the road in no time. However, this morning's events did get me thinking about "bumps in the road," and little parts of life that are unexpected that we have to encounter. And conquer. Whether it's fixing a tire or dealing with a larger issue, we must be ready to face the world.


I think the key is staying patient. And if you don't have patience (like myself), this task can be easier said than done. Take my example of the flat tire - they told me 45 minutes but I really ended up waiting almost an hour and a half. If I didn't keep my cool, the provider may have received more than a $10 bill. More like my attitude and a "see ya never, bye."

In times of need, we need to have a tight support system. I wouldn't be half the person I am without my husband. Forget about making decisions on a tire! He is there for me at the drop of a dime, I know I can trust him to make important decisions that could impact my safety. I also have the most amazing friends who will not only listen to me vent unconditionally, but will pick me up and take me to work. And I can't deny that my family is always there, no matter how messy the situation.

Last but not least, we need to believe in ourselves. One of my favorite quotes of all time enlightens, "The road to success is always under construction." And how appropriate for this scenario! We are continuously tested each and every day, from the tiniest of mishaps like a flat, to the dilemmas that never seem to resolve. But there is hope, my friends, as long as the person you depend on the most is yourself. Keep truckin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...