Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy One Year Anniversary - 9/8/13

Although I still have some photos left to log from our week at the Vineyard, it is necessary to pause and remember what today was for Jay and I exactly one year ago. September 8th - this day will always hold its concrete imprint in my heart and in my mind. It is the day we vowed to spend the rest of our lives together.

And so I dedicate this post to my husband, my best friend, the love of my life. We said I do, moved back home, became an aunt and uncle, and began the rest of our life as one. We have accomplished so much together and I am so proud of every decision we have made as a team.

Jay - my love has grown each and every day as we grow together. You are the strongest, most compassionate person I have ever met and I am honored to share my life with you. Happy Anniversary, here's to a lifetime of happiness and companionship.


With this post, I also want to share my exact vows that I wrote and renounced during our ceremony. I meant every word, you have my promise that this will always hold true.

"Jay,

I vow from this day until forever that my heart belongs to you.  My love for you continues to grow and evolve each day, no matter what the circumstance. You have showed me what true and unconditional love is, and I am so grateful to have you in my life.

You make up for my imperfections, you make me a better person. I never thought I would meet my husband on the first day of my very first job.  And look where we are now, three and a half years later.  You are my best friend and I trust you with all of my heart.

Sometimes I can’t believe how alike we are. We share the same passions and can practically finish each other’s sentences. We have the same level of patience, which isn’t that high, yet you still always bring out the best in me. I am a stronger and better person with you by my side.

I promise to support you through whatever comes our way, to appreciate all of the things you do for me. I promise to respect you and put you first. I will be there to laugh with you and lift you up when you are down. I promise to encourage you and inspire you, as you do for me every day without even trying.


I am so excited to start the beginning of the rest of my life with you. Each day is a new adventure and I’m honored to know that you will experience it with me. You have made me a believer in true love.  I love you."


P.S. - Excited to see what our cake tastes like after being frozen for a year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...