Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Life's a Beach

Where did the weekend go? Monday came and gone and next thing I knew I was back in the car headed north on the parkway. Four days with my family just wasn't enough, I felt bad leaving them. But another summer at the Jersey Shore was exactly what I needed.

Here's a quick recap of accomplishments from my activity list that I planned out on Friday. I must say I am proud that I hit a majority of them!

To-Do List
1. Exercise - My mom and I ended up playing tennis Friday morning. I keep telling everyone and I have to note here. My mom is much better than she leads you to believe! The woman can hang! I think I sweat more from that amount of hustle than I do when I'm running. On top of one morning of tennis, I ran Saturday and Sunday for about 2-2.5 miles/day.
2. Beach - Friday and Monday were definitely the best sun days, but we still made the effort the rest of the weekend.
3. Finish reading a book - Success here! Although I didn't start a new one, I at least managed to finish the one I have been reading for several months now.
4. Mini Golf - No-go here. We thought about it a few times but never made it to the course. I hope I didn't disappoint my brother too much.
5. Boardwalk - Drove by it a few times, but for the weekend it is tough with the crowd. There is always next year!
6. Family - This whole trip wouldn't have been anything without my family. After living away for so long, you seem to forget how nice it is to all be under the same roof. I wish I was still there with them for the rest of the week, but making the best of what we had was all that mattered.

I can't leave this post without a picture of the beach - and even though it is literally the only photo I took, it takes me back to the place where I was sitting in the sand. It will always be there for me when I return.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...