Friday, July 18, 2014

Weekend at the Jersey Shore

This time of year always brings back memories for me - I could practically  hear the music at the boardwalk as I drove down last night and saw the skyline ahead of me with the ferris wheel. Every year of my life (minus the year we were planning the wedding), we head down as a family to Wildwood Crest, NJ to take our annual vacation at the shore. I hit way too much traffic when I left work, but the 3 1/2 hours spent in the car was well worth because now I am here!

It was a little strange coming down without my husband. We do everything together and knowing that he couldn't come down this year is definitely a bummer. Sometimes work has to take a priority and I respect that. We of course are already texting this morning as I am typing this post. Funny thing is we both had nightmares! I guess that's what happens when we're not together.

Some activities I have in store for the weekend:
1. I'll get the boring one out of the way first - definitely need to exercise. I have just about four days down here. If I can run/exercise two out of the four days that will be an achievement. I also brought down my tennis rackets since my mom is quite the player.
2. Beach don't kill my vibe - hopefully majority of my days will be spent along the water, toes in the sand. The weather is supposed to be beautiful (and not as hot/humid as it's been).
3. Finish reading a book - and hopefully start a new one. All of my friends at work say how amazing Gone Girl is, but I need to finish what I started. Lucky for me, I brought the Kindle.
4. Mini Golf - A few weeks ago I schooled my brother and husband in a neck-to-neck battle of mini-golf. I'm sure he'll be back for a vengeance!
5. Boardwalk - I haven't been on rides in ages, so it would be nice to do a family trip at night to Morey's Pier. I also want to rent bikes to ride on the boardwalk in the morning. It's a great form of exercise and you get to see all the crazy people already out and about.
6. Last but not least - spend time with my family. If my older sister comes down, it will be the first time in years that all six of us will be under the same roof overnight.

The best part about this place is being with my family. It has been an annual tradition to come down, and now with my cousins, aunt, and uncle on the way it will be like old times. It makes me get excited for what the future will bring when Jay and I decide to start having kids. I want this to be a tradition for them because I always looked forward to it every year growing up.

I'll try to take pictures along the way - I hope everyone has a great weekend and hopefully I will go back up north with more memories and a nice bronzed glow. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...