Friday, August 1, 2014

Ain't Nothin But a "Tea" Thing

After growing up with tea-time after dinner (how extremely worldly of my American family), I have found myself constantly on a quest for the best brews. Knowing all of the health benefits of tea, why not continue to look for new flavors and types? They say three cups of green tea per day alone can help you lost 3-7 lbs of belly fat a year! Who would deny that kind of help from our leafy friends? My coworkers can even contest that my top drawer is dedicated solely to a hefty tea-stash, and below I have listed some of my favorites.

1. Pukka Detox - Pukka is a relatively newer brand that one of my friends in Buffalo, NY told me about. She raved about Detox and the weight-loss benefits that this blend of aniseed, fennel, and licorice can have on the body. It is supposed to assist in digestive functions and help get you "back on track." While the detox concept still continues to be a craze, drinking Pukka could be a healthier, more natural alternative. My only clause is if you don't like the taste of fennel/licorice, this tea may not be for you.



2. Pukka Cleanse - This is a darker blend from Pukka, with a hint of fennel, nettle, and aloe vera. It is easier to get down if you are not a fan of the fennel. Cleanse does exactly what it's named after, to nourish and clear up your skin. There is also a hint of peppermint and dandelion root for digestion. When I drink this on a daily basis, I notice my face looks brighter and with less blemishes and bumps.


3. Kirkland Signature Green - My go-to when all else fails. It is no news that green tea is one of the best out there in benefits and long-term effects. Not to mention the flavor is light and fresh. I love this green tea because it literally stays green in your mug and it tastes so pure and nutritious. It's perfect by itself, but you could always add a little honey to sweeten it up. Kirkland is Costco's brand, but like everything else, you can get it on Amazon.



4. Vintage Oolong - Although its name can sound intimidating, do not fear this tea. It's a hybrid between green and black, so you get the benefits of green with the caffeine kick of black. Perfect for a morning start when you'd rather steer clear of coffee. I found this one on Amazon, but I'm sure other brands make it too.
5. Tazo Zen - I found this gem on the Keurig website (also made in teabag form), and needless to say I can't keep the box for longer than a month. I swear the flavor is addictive. The combination of green, lemongrass, and peppermint makes the taste so smooth and the scent is delightful. No wonder why they call it Zen, I find myself at peace and enjoying every sip.


5. Twinings Pure Peppermint - When I used to think peppermint, I thought Christmas time, candy canes, and stomach aches. Although peppermint can definitely help with an upset stomach, it also can also be a treat. The scent alone can be refreshing and calming after a long day at work. I tend to drink this one after dinner, maybe with a little dessert.


After writing this post, I realized I tend to trend with certain plants and flavors. Anything with fennel, mint, and green usually works for me. Sometimes the fruity ones give me headaches so I avoid the over-potency. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment! It ain't nothin' but a "tea" thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...