Friday, August 29, 2014

Literally, A Trip Down Memory Lane

Who's eager for the long weekend?! 5pm can't roll around soon enough. But at the same time, I need to keep reminding myself that I took a full week of vacation from work to join the Delinko's on our annual vacation to Martha's Vineyard. That last day of work always seems like a big ball of stress - trying to button up as much as I can while remembering that work will still be here when I get back.

Yesterday I read a post from newly-followed blog Simple Capacity, that inspired me to kind of just "let it go." That's what vacations are, right? To get away from your current reality, to try new things and see what life is all about. We get so caught up in the everyday - the get up, go to work, come home, cook dinner, watch TV, shower, sleep, repeat. Day in and day out. I am so excited for a week-long getaway to revisit a place that is so dear to me. The place where Jay and I got engaged back in 2012. And it will be our one-year anniversary when we return! I have a feeling this trip will be just as, and if not, more meaningful than ever.



Once we hit that ferry Sunday afternoon, I will let all my worries and anxiety drift away in the distance. This trip will not only put me on a metaphorical island, away from it all - Martha's Vineyard is literally an island. So I will definitely take advantage of the space between. Jay woke me up this morning and whispered (half in his sleep, with one eye open), "..one more day." One more day of work, and then we are smooth sailing!

I am going to try to document this trip as much as I can - I hope to relive the steps we took as we walked to the cliff overlooking the lighthouse where Jay proposed. I will make sure to divulge in all of the amazing food one can get near the ocean. Fresh-caught fish, lobster, the works! And let's not forget the fritters, which are about the size of two fists, but the bellyache will linger for days. That is OK in my book because they are the most incredible fritters I've ever had. Not like your old Dunkin Donuts fritter. This thing is sold like drugs out of the backdoor of a bakery. You can buy them late at night and wait in line for probably an hour. But it is so worth it!

 This may be a great opportunity to try out the whole photo diary that I see people doing on bloglovin. What's better than telling a story through pictures? And Martha's Vineyard will do itself justice.

Here are a few flashbacks of our last trip. Hope everyone has an amazing long weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...